Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Writing Essay 1-05 ~In Order To be a Global Person~


Hi! I will talk about my learning languages history. We have ever learned many languages. Of course, we have learned our mother tongue, Japanese, and many other languages. Learning languages is difficult because they have each words, grammer, and so on. Besides, languages always change. Why do you study languages, and how do you study them? Today, I will talk about my case.

I am learning Japanese, English, and French now. First of all, I will talk about Japanese. I have learned it since of course when I was born. However, I didn't think I studied Japanese. I learned it naturaly. My mother tought me how to write and read letters, but I could speak and listen it by myself graduatly in the daily life. Since I had entered elementary school, I had to take the Japanese class. I read many stories, and learned how to write Kanji. Oh, I study it at Kumon! I read more stories than other children at that time. And then, in the junior high school, I study Japanese for entrance examinaton to high school. At that time, I started to learn old Japanese. It was more difficult than modan Japanese. In the high school, I contunued to study both of old Japanese and modan Japanese, and I learned how to write essay. It is also study for entrance examination. And then, now I syudy Japanese in order to teach to other contries people.

Next, I will talk about English. I have learned English for fourteen years. When I was in the pre-school, I went to English conversation school. I sung songs and played games. It just enjoyment. When I was an elementary school student, I studied also English at Kumon. I read and listened to English, and I learned grammar. I took third grade English skill examination till I graduated elementary school. When I was a junior high school student, I took English in the class. I took pre-second grade English skill examination. However, I had never been to the other countries. I have been to Australia for the first time in high school home stay program. I had not trained speaking, I couldn't speak English well, but I enjoyed the home stay. And then, I decided to study English more. I hoped I could talk with my host family more smoothly. Then, I entered this university, and I study English every day. Now, I often go to English lounge, and talk with exchanged students. I often learn about cultures from them. Besides, I study for TOEFL. It is difficult, but good training. I will take iBT test someday.

Next, I will talk about learning French. I started to study it last year. French is the most difficult language in my learning language history. It has man noun, woman noun, and neuter noun. It makes me confused. When I was a freshman, I studied French really hard in the class. I had two French classes. One was conversation, and the other was grammar class. French letter is alphabet, but how to read is different. I practiced to read again and again. I solved the assignments for many times. Now, I study French at Kumon. You know, I learn at languages at Kumon even now!! I couldn't take French class at school. However, I didn't forget French because I had studied really hard for a year. Therefore, I continue to study it.

Besides, I had studied Chinese for a year. It was so interesting because how to read was quite different from Japanese, but I could understand the meaning. And then, Chinese pronunciation sounds nice! I like to practice it. In the conversation class, I listened to Chinese and read the sentences . I often watched TV program for studying Chinese. It was so interesting. However, I stop studying Chinese now, because I couldn't learn it in my school, and I don't know where I should study it. However, I will study again by myself.

This is all of my learning languages history. I have studied four languages. However, It is not hardship for me. I am happy to learn languages because I can study not only languages but also cultures. All of my languages have different letters, pronunciations, structure, and so on. It is so interesting, isn't it? I will keep trying to study languages. I want to be a global person!!

[736 words]

No comments: