Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Witting Placement essay

Dear my family,

Hi, how are you? I am Mio. I am from Kumamoto which is the south of japan. I am studying English at KGU because I want to speak English well and travel around the world in order to see many cultures history and so on. This summer's home stay program will be a big step, so I am looking forward to going to New Zealand.

How many people are there in your family? There are four people in my family, a father, a mother , a sister who is younger than me, and me. My sister is good at playing tennis. She runs faster than me and hits the ball stronger than me.My family always supports me, so I want to write about them now, but I will talk about them to you when I meet you.

I like reading books, swimming, and Japanese paper craft. Japanese paper craft is called "origami". I can make cranes, wreaths, and so on with paper. Do you have interested in origami? If you say "Yes", I will bring them for you. Let's make it together!

I am interested in your culture. Would you tell me about it when I visit you? I'd like to learn not only English but also New Zealand's culture and habit. I think Maori people have a great culture. I heard they have a rugby team which is consisted of only Maori people. They dance traditional dance with opening their eyes wide and stamping their foot before the game, don't they? I learned about it from one movie, whose name is "White Rider". When I had watched the movie, I was so excited. I noticed there are many cultures which I don't know or have never seen. Maori's culture is one of them, so I want to see it with my own two eyes.

I have never been to New Zealand. I can know about New Zealand only from pictures or books, but the more pictures I see and books I read, the more I like. If I go New Zealand, I can like your country more than now. I'm not good at speaking English, so I will bother you. However I will do my best. I want to meet you as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Mio

[396 words]

3 comments:

JAM said...

Hi, Mio. I read your letter to your hostfamily. It is so interesting that you bring up a subject about Japanese culture. The paper craft is one of great Japanese traditions. I learned the point that we should not only learn other countries' culture but also let others know about our Japanese culture, even when I visit other coutries. Thank you for your good essay!

Anonymous said...

About your self-introduction!!
Hey Mio! I read your post! so I'll comment to it(^0^) First, I think the most interesting point on your essay is that you express your interest about New Zealand's culture clearly and inspect about its culture previously! I think that your host-famiy will glad to see your interst towards the culture! great! Second, can I ask you a question?
do you have anyting eles you wanna do ? If you would write what you want to go and to do , your host hamily is easy to get on with you! I think! And then, last! generaly, your essay is veryvery good! and I knew your interest to new Zealand! If you would put your picture and what you are studying at this uni, your hostfamily would know about you more!

RisaBlog

Anonymous said...

Hello again! it's my URL link!
Here!
Risablog