Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ring of Bright Water ( book review1-08 )

I read the book again. This time, I read "Ring of Bright Water". This book was written by Gavin Maxwell.This story was his own story. He lived with the animals. Especially, he told about his otters in this story.

He was born in Scotland. However, he lived in Camusfearna in this book. He moved there because he has interested in nothing when he worked in London. There were nothing in Camusfearna. The nearest village was about eight kilometers away, there were few people and mountains, islands, and sea. He had a dog at that time, but he was so old, so he was dead soon since he moved there. He thought he didn't want any animals any more. However he felt lonely. Then he met an otter because of his friends. He bought the otter and named Chahala. She was so friendly, but he was dead because of poison of food. He was sad but he could find another otter, named Mijbil. He lived with the otter for a year and five days. He could enjoy life with Mij. Mij was not interested in him, but more times he lived with his owner, more friendly he became. They could even travel by plane and train until Mij was dead. Last otter was Edal. At that time, he had a lot of animal friends.

I felt the otters were so cute. This story was almost talked about otters and pictures were also otters. I could read how otters were cute! They are unusual animals, so I can't have them. However I really want to have them after reading this book. Then I respected the author. He lived in Camustearna where were no furniture, electronic products and so on. He lived with nature. That the reason why he could live with the otters, I think. They could live free and comfortable. It is slow life that I dreamed. It is difficult to come true, Bbut I hope I can spend the time relax like them.

[336 words]

No comments: