Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Fantastic Memory


I went to freshman camp on April 12 and 13. I didn't go it last year, so I didn't know what I should do or how to lead freshmem. However, it was good for me. I will talk about this experience.

The first day, I went to school at 8:40, and carried the baggage. And then I went to Nishigoshi, where we had stayed, because I had to clean the kichen and rooms, wash the dishes, and so on. I washed so many dishes. As soon as we ate lunch, I had to prepare dinner. We would make carry rice. I cutand heat so many vegitables for the first time. We made over 100 students's carry. I had never made so many carry, so I was so surprised how much carry were there. We made carry without problems.

After that we had a chance to talk with freshmen. My group had 8 members. At first, we could talk a lot smoothly, but after thirty minutes, we didn't know what we should talk about. I could talked with exchanged students because I know them and we are friends. On the other hands, freshmen was not used to speaking English and they didn't know exchanged students. I thought a lot about it and tried to keep conversation. My group leader help us, so we could overcome it barely.

However, another problem happend again. We failed to boil the rice. We needed more water. One part of rice was too hard to eat, so we couldn't surve enough dinner to freshmen. I was so sad because I didn't notice our failure. This is the lesson for the next year, I thought.

Last day, I woke up at six o'clock. I had to prepare for breakfast. We made ingredient for sandwich. We cut tometos, cucumber and lettuce, bake the sausage, boiled eggs. We could do it more smooth than last night. What was better, everyone could enjoy it. I was so happy. During recreatin, we had to clean the all of dishes, and cleaned the kitchen. After that, we took pictures with group member, and left the Nishigoshi.

Finally, we went to Aso in order to pick the strawberries. It was rain a little bit, but I didn't mind it because the strawberries was so sweet. Although I didn't eat lunch, I was full because of so many strawberries! I was so happy, so I forgot that I had been tired at that time. After a while we gave up eating strawberries, so we looed for strange strawberries. We found long strawberry, twins, and so on.

I was really tires to do it, but it was good training for me. I thought what I can do for other people, talked with many friends, OG, exchanged students, and so on. I couldn't have such oppotunity in the daily life. I was interested in other contries more than before, and I think I try to cook more. This is one of my special memory in university life. Finally I want to say thank you to all of teachers, freshmen, and staff who attended this camp. I had great time because of you.
[538 words]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mio! It's Risa(^0^)
I visited your blog! So I have to write a comment right?? *hah*
And you could seem to put LINK!
I'll visit here sometimes!
see ya!
Risa