Saturday, April 26, 2008

Anne of Green Gables ( book review1-10 )

This time, I read "Anne of Green Gables". Have you ever read this book?? You know, this is a very famous book written by Lucy Maud Montgomery. She was Canadian writer and her stories about her home town, Prince Edward Island. She wrote many stories about Anne, but this book is the most famous.

Anne was an orphan. She was thin, talkative, with red hair. She had been alone till she met Matthew and Marilla. They had wanted a boy in order to let help their farm. When they saw Anne, they were shocked because they had stereotype that orphan girls are bad. However, they didn't back her to the orphanage. And then, they noticed Anne was a kind girl. Anne was sometime passionate at first, but the more she live with Matthew and Marilla, the more gently she grew up.

This story has a lot of happening, For example, Anne was teased about her hair, made a cake that taste was medicine, was often misunderstood by many people because she was orphan, and so on. In these happening, she could grew up her mental side. At first, she only talked, but at last she try to understand people, I think. Therefore she was loved many people at last. If I were Ann, I could not have been like her. Probably, I was disappointed when people judged me only that I was a orphan. Anne had courage to say her opinion and she thought about her opinion and other's. If she was wrong, she could apologized. It was also courage, isn't it? She has courageous and gently. This is a reason why she was loved by many people.


I could read this book so smoothly because I was so excited and wanted to know how the problem was solved. This is not difficult to read. You should read it!! When you read this story, you can be gently more than now, I guess.

[326 words]

No comments: