Thursday, May 29, 2008

What is "consent"??

Do you know "consent"?? We often this word in our life, so maybe you image the "konsento" that is plug to get to work electronic products, don't you?? However, "consent" is not"plug" in English!! Japanese "konsento" is Japanese English!! And then, "consent" means agreement or permission. I noticed about this when I talked with my English teacher, and I was surprised. I had not knowen about it till then. Why we call plug "konsento"??

Actually, "konsento" came from "concentric plug". "Concentric" means intensive, and "plug" has two meanings. "Plug" had means both of a thing that we insert and thing that was inserted. We used "concentric plug" as outlet, but we separate "concentric" and "plug"gradually. And then, we call tip of the cord "puragu", and outlet "consento". This is the start of "consento".

There are many Japanese English that we don't know. For example, "sukinnsippu(skinship)", "o-da-meido(order made)". We often use these words, but these are not English. The right English of "skin-ship" is personal contact, and "order-made" is custom made. It is interesting, isn't it? We always use these words, but we don't notice about detail of words.

This discovery make to grow up my English skill. I want to know about words like Japanese English. I know origin of words is unknown truth. I want to keep checking origin of words.


http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ikemurafirstbig/18165583.html
http://abc.world-family.co.jp/tabid/263/EntryID/534/Default.aspx

[234 words]

No comments: