Sunday, October 5, 2008

Writing assignment 2-01 rewritten: Let's study our earth!!

How much knowledge about the earth do you have? There are many wonderful things on the earth, for example, countries, animals, archaeological creature, nature, and of course human beings! Most of people don't care that where they are, how they live, and so on. We have too less knowledge about the earth. I want to introduce this web site "National Geographic Kids". If you see this site, you can discover what you didn't know. There are many good points to learn in this web site. I found this web site because of my teacher. He recommend this site when I told him that I like geography. Since then, I see this web site most of every day. I really like this web site. Now, I want to start introducing it.


First of all, you can check your geographic skill. You can know where the country is and many trivia about the country through the game. I recommend you one game, "Geo Spy". You may be know many countries name, but do you know where they are? You should click the right place of the country in this game. If you chose wrong place, this game give us the answer, so you can learn about it easily. Of course, I play this game many times. I can not get high score now, but I want to keep trying. Anyway, this site has a lot of games. More games you try, more knowledge you can get. Besides, you can see many archaeological things on it. You will be moved by the wonderful landscape even if you are not interested in the history. If you like animals, you should try animal games. You will see cute characters.



Second, you can watch many animals on this site such as penguins, dolphins, lions, pandas and so on. Of course, there are many pictures, movies, games about animals. There are particular explanations. I moved because these wonderful animals live somewhere on the earth. I have never seem wild elephants, cheetah, and so on. Do you know that elephants sometimes hug by wrapping their trunks together as greeting and affection? Also, there are some animals I've never heard. If you like animals, I recommend this relatives site, here. And then, some of strange plants, like a Venus flytrap, are on it. I have heard about it but I didn't think it is a such interesting plants.


Third, you will know about many human beings and cultures, politics, history and so on. How do the foreign people live in daily life? And then, how do the other countries people think about Japan? You can know about both of them. Therefore, we can reconfirm our own country and learn other countries. It is important for me because even if you have many knowledge about others, it is no meaning when you don't know about yours. After that, you should check the other countries. Each country has each good individuality. All of the people live hard. When you travel foreign countries, you'd better to check this web site. You can learn the country before the trip. It makes your trip comfortable!!



You know, you can get many kind of knowledge in this site. There are many fantastic things on the earth. After I see this site, I try to care about the earth. Although the earth is the planet that I have live, I was too unconcern for it until now. We have to cherish our planet because many living things, are on it. Therefore, we should know about it more and find what we can do for the earth. That is why I recommend to study about the earth.


[616 words]

No comments: