Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Jumping Frog ~BR 2-09~

Do you know Mark Twain? Maybe, you have heard at least once, because he is so famous. This time, I read his book, " The Jumping Frog". Most of his book is short story. In "The Jumping Frog", there are a few stories. I will talk about "The Clelbrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras Country".

This is a story of a man named Jim Smily. He was good at betting money. He always bet money on anything that happened at the mining camp, and won.He had many animals and they are unusual animals. He won the betting by using the animals. One day, he found the frog. The frog jumped higher than any other frogs, that Jim had ever seen. He got the frog, and started the gamble. The frog, named Daniel, always won th jumping race.However, one stranger came to mining camp. He tried to win the betting,and he had the frog eaten shotgun pellets in the Daniel mouth!! The frog couldn't jump high because of his bad health, and stranger won. Smiley noticed the truth after that, but it was too late. This was end of the story.

I thought end of story was so unique. It said, " I didn't really want to hear anouther story about Simily's bets, so I got up from my chair and left." Maybe Mark Twain was funny person. This story was not happy ending, but so funny. I liked so much.This ending was unusual for me!!

No comments: