Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Secret Garden ( book review 1-02 )

This is the second essay. This time, I read "The Secret Garden". I chose this book because this illustration is so beautiful, and I wanted to read. This book was written by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Mary was ugly and cross girl. She was often ill. Many people ,even her parents, don't like her and Mary doesn't like anybody. One day, her parents were dead. Mary moved to her uncle house. He lives in old big house, and the house has big garden.Mary found secret rough garden, and had interested in the garden. She could meet two friends, Dickon and Colin, because of the garden. She spent her time with them and made beautiful garden. She looked happy because she was not alone. She liked two boys, and they also liked her.

I read this book and felt that people can't live alone. At first, Mary was alone, so she couldn't love anyone. That was reason why she was ugly and cross. After having met two boys, Mary changed. She learned importance of existence of others, I think. I have family and a lot of friends. They always help me, so I feel happy, and I want to help them when they need to help. It is important to have the important persons. They teach me many things. I think I am happy because I have many people that I like.

[234 words]

No comments: