Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Impression of "Babe" ( Book review 1-01)

I read a book which was written in English. I will write impression of it in this blog. I read "Babe ~the sheep pig~ which is very famous story. I have seen the movie before, so I want to try to read this book in English. This is a reason why I read "Babe".

At first, I will explain this story. Babe was a pig which Mr. Hoggot was given from a man. Mr. Hoggot was confused because he was sheep farmer, so he didn't want the pig. Her wife try to eat for Christmas dinner. One day, Babe defended the Mr. Hoggot's farm from thief. Mr. Hoggot and his wife notice that the pig was so clever. His sheepdog, whose name is Fly, was so old, so he thought he tried to bring up Babe as sheep-pig! Babe was so happy because he had wanted to be sheep-pig for a long time. He train so hard. Finally he could win the sheep-dog trial, and he became the best in the world. This is the story of "Babe".

I felt that I mustn't decide something only by the people's looks. In this story, many sheep-dogs think the sheep is stupid animal without knowing how sheep is, and they treat sheep so violent. On the other hand, Babe was so polite to sheep, so he was liked everyone. He never had been arrogant. He was so king pig and try to know the others feeling. It is important for people isn't it? We have a lot of stereotype, and decided something without knowing. That is one of reasons we have many problem, for instance, discrimination. We should have consideration to the others like Babe.

This is my report in reading "Babe". I like this story very much.

[304 words]

No comments: