Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Ring ( book review 1-03 )

This time, I read "The Ring", written by Bernard Smith. This is a story of mysterious happening in a small village. There was a crazy man, named Rafel, in the villege, but the man had been kind boy before. One day he became mad suddenly. Nobady knew why he became so mad. "I" was born in this village. He became a docter, so he researched why Rafel became crazy in order to cure his sick. The more research this mistery, the more strange. Anita, a beautiful girl, and the soldier, he loved Anita, disappered the day before Rafel became crazy. Rafel had a ring that Anita put on. "I" noticed Rafel killed them, but he had a alibi and he also loved Anita. How and why he killed them?

One day, "I" moved Rafel to the hospital, and he knew the truth. Rafel was not mad. He was not crazy, but he was sick. He told the story what happened at that night before he was dead. He would kill only the soldier. He trapped the soldier's boat and the soldier were killed by shark. However at that night, Anita also rode his boat. That mean she was also killed by shark. He cut the shark's stomach by accident, he found the ring that he gave for her. His mother covered up him, so he had an alibi. This was so sad truth.

I do not often read mystery novels, but this story was easy to read. Having thought a lot, I could read this book. I could read this book smoothly because the more the story go, the more excited I am. However, This was sad end. I don't like sad story. Next time, I will read happy story.

[293 words]

No comments: