Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunflower

I love sunflowers. It is the main flower that bloom in summer. Of course everyone know it. Today, I will talk about it.

Sunflower was born in North America. In sixteenth century, they were carried in England, and called "Flower of Sun." Most of people think sunflower bloom toward the sun. However, sunflower see the sun only when they were in bud. After they bloom, they turn to east. Besides, sunflower's petal is not only one. Sunflower consists of many petals. There are two kinds of petals. First one is outside of flower and orange. Another is inside of flower and brown.

There are two reasons why I like sunflower. First, it is so big. If you can grow it well, it has three meters tall and diameter is more than thirty centimeters. It looks like magnificent. Ii gives me confidence. When I am disappionted, I want to see sunflower. Second, sunflower is king of flower in summer and August is sunflower month. I was born in August. I think sunflower is symbol of my birth.

This summer, I really want to go seeing many sunflowers. Sunflower makes me happy. Sunflower grow up toward the light of sun as if the sun were the goal. I will make my way to my goal like a sunflower.
[217 words]


http://aoki2.si.gunma-u.ac.jp/BotanicalGarden/HTMLs/himawari9.html

No comments: