Saturday, July 12, 2008

My First Teaching


Last Monday, I had a Japanese teacher seminer. I did the simulation class. I mean I taught Japanese in the class. It was about thirty minutes class, and I taught to four classmate. Today, I will talk about my first teaching.

First, I will talk about before the class. I had perpared for the class for a long time. I handed out my teaching plan the two weeks before the day. At first, I couldn't image my plan by myself. My teacher gave me some advices for me about the first plan. I improved my plan, and sent e-mail to my teacher again. This time, I created my imageand I could wrote most of idea for the class. However, I thought it was boring. It has too simple and I couldn't make my originality. I met my teacher four days before. I told my opinion, and talked the matter over with her. Then, I made the plan again along with her advices. I increased conversation with student because conversation is good training for learning languages and one-side talking is so borinf for students. Besides, I made a lot of letter cards and picture cards. And then, I drew a few pictures on my own. It took much time. I took for about fifteen hours all of my preparation.

Finally, the day when I had to teach came. I was nervous. I practiced two times before the class, but I didn't thing it was good. Howevver, I imaged the real situation. If I express the tention, the foregin sudents might be confused. Therefotre, I took deep breath, and tried to be calm. When I started to teach, I was almost OK. I could do it smoothly. But, the happning was occured. I skipped a few plans. I had to do more practice, but I cut them. I thought what I should do at the moment, and continue the class, because if I returened the practices, the students would be confused. They could have not understand what they had done.

After that, I made a small mistakes, for example, I missed the pronunciations. I useally speak Owari-ben because I grow up in Aichi prefecture. However, I could finish my first Japanese language class. I was busy, so I thought I couldn't prqactice enough. If I had practiced more, I would have been clam more. I learned that it is difficult to teach Japanese. I need many preparations in order to do good class. I will have one more class in fall semester. Next time, I will do better class than this class.

[437 words]

No comments: