Monday, November 24, 2008

A Christmas Carol ~ BR 2-11~

This time, I read a book named "A Christmas Carol". I read this book because Christmas will come soon. I have been interested in this book, but I have waited for the season. Now I read this book and could write the review.

This is a story of one man. His name was Scrooge. He was a greedy man. Money was his life. He had much money, but he wasn't happy. He never used his money. He was a lonely person. The Christmas season came. All of the people liked the day and looked happy except Scrooge. People said to Scrooge "Marry Christmas!!", but he responded to people " Humbug." He had had only one friend before but then he had been dead, so he was alone and hated Christmas.

One day, the ghost appeared. In the surprised, the ghost was Scrooge's friend, Marley!! He told Scrooge he wanted to help Scrooge. However, Scrooge couldn't understand his meaning. Marley said only three ghost would appeared in front of him, and disappeared. And then, three ghost came to Scrooge's. They showed him his past, now and future Christmas. All of Christmas were so sad that he was afraid of his life. He had money, but he was not happy all of Christmas. No one would be sad when he die in the future. He noticed that he couldn't live alone. After that, Christmas day came. He decided to attend the party, and share his money to poor people. Every people could be happy.

You know, Christmas is special day. It is a good chance to realize how important family, friends, and so on is. I want to spend the time with them and say thanks. Family and friends are my treasure. I think I mustn't forget feeling of gratitude to them.

[305 words]

No comments: