Saturday, November 15, 2008

About Halifax

I will go to Halifax in Canada Do you know Halifax? What do you know about Canada? Yes, you may know the name, but you don’t know detail. I didn’t know, either but this time I researched about them and I really want to go there early. I will share my information with you.

At first, I have to explain Canada because Halifax is in Canada, you know. The capital in Canada is Ottawa. Canada has many big cities. The biggest city is Toronto. The area is more than 9 million square km It is thirty times larger than Japan’s area. However, population is not so much. I is about 32 million because it is too cold to live northern place. In Toronto, there are one-sixth people live. The geology of Canada is interesting. Canada occupies the half of north in the New Continent. There are United States in South and West side of Canada. In the east side, there is Atlantic Ocean. Besides, there is Arctic Ocean in the north.

Canada has constitutional monarchy and federation is held under the parliamentary. The national chief of state is Queen Elizabeth II, but substantial prime minister is chosen as election. Actually, he does Canadian politics. I already said, Canada is so large country, so each states are given autonomy We can say Canadian government is municipality vs federation.

Canadian people speak English and French as official languages. It is set in 1982.
In Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick states, they speak French. . Many races people live in Canada. English is 28%, French is 23%, the other Europeans 15%. Besides, there are many Asians, Arabs, Africans, and so on.And what important is Canada has chosen as the country which give good effect to all over the world. I mean Canada is friendly country and many people love Canada.

Next, I will talk about Canadian Culture. Canada don’t have their own culture, but the culture is interesting. It was made by mixing many cultures. I said many races people live in Canada. That’s why Canadian culture is fusion of various cultures. I have to introduce important literature. It is Anne of Green GablesJapanese title is 赤毛のアン.
Do you know it? It is so famous all over the world. Canada is stage of it.

Well, Canada has many heritage there are five cultural heritages and six natural heritages. Besides, two heritages are shared with the United States. I list the heritages, so please check them on your print.

Then, I want to talk about Halifax. Halifax is state capital in Novascoacia State. It was set on April 1st 1996 as Halifax Regional Municipality. Halifax’s Motto is Wealth from the sea. Yes, Halifax is port city. It is not big, but there are many nature and beautiful sea. However, there is so cold place. The temperature has amount to

Halifax is famous for Victim of Titanic, .Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, and Saint Mary’s University. I want to introduce a few things.

First Saint Mary’s university is so great university. There are many students from all over the world. 14.4% students are exchange students. The area is not so large compare with other university in Canada, but there are many useful systems in the university. For example, we can go to the gym through the tonal without going gout side from dormitory. Even if it is winter, we don’t need pass outside. Modern equipments are used in this university.

And then, I want to introduce Halifax Citadel National Historic Site. Halifax is one of the first city that English people arrived in 1749. After that, England and French fought to get the religion. This place was important place for the English-French war.
I mean this is so important structure in these days. It is one of traditional things in Halifax. People can’t build the building that is higher than Citadel. That show many people save the structure.

Most of people don't know about Halifax. I want to interested in there because Halifax is so good city. There are many historical things and mordan structure stay there together. I am glad to be able to study there. It is not easy, I know, but I want to enjoy there!!

[720 words]

No comments: