Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year!!

A happy new year!! How have you been. I was very busy... but had a great time in new years day. Today, I will talk about it!!

On December 31, I invited two exchange students to my house. They had never experienced Japanese New Year life, so I thought it would be great time for them and me. I took them at dometory, and went my house by train. One of exchange student rode train for the first time in Japan. I taought how to buy the ticket, and got on the train. After we arrived my home, we went supermarcket near my house, and bought some foods for dinner. My mother already had cookced some food, but they cooked food that was tradition in thier country. There were many foods on the table, and we could enjoyed many kinds of countrys' food. They were delicious!!

After that, we watched TV, Kouhaku, and enjoyed Japanese songs. They knew some Japanese singer, and liked them. Before the midnight, we ate toshikoshi-soba. Other counrty doesn't have this culture. It is only Japanese habits!! They were interested in the soba, and we stay together at night and did count down!!

In New Years day, we ate Osechi, and watched TV. I explained some foods, and they liked them. After that, we went to Youme-town and bought some Good Luck Bag. There were many good clothes. We sutisfyed and went dometory.

I had to prepared for the two days. It was so busy. However, teo exchange students liked Japanese style, and I had a great time, so I was so happy. I could learn other country's culture and food, besides I could learn our own culture. It was difficult to explain, but good practice for me!!

[296 words]

No comments: